"It is not our abilities that determine who we are, it is our choices." ~Albus Dumbledor

March 10, 2012

Misfortune

Words to know how to pronounce before reading this poem:

Goolamaju: Goo-lah-mah-joo
Gillybajuvv: Gill-ee-bah-juhv
Gigillybat: Gig-illy-bat
Gimmelejantz: Gim-eh-ley-jants
Gibbilybert: Gib-illy-birt
Gollowtatok: Gall-oh-tuh-tock

Thank you, and have a nice day.

Misfortune

Deep in the forest of Goolamaju
There fled a strange man who had stolen my shoe
He dwelt in a cottage with his wife named Sue
And together they lived in harmony

Along the coastline of Gillybajuvv
I met a young boy who had stolen my glove
He laughed and he sang and he shouted, "Tough love!"
And he skipped away rather merrily

Somewhere in the cave of Gigilybat
Sat an old witch who had stolen my hat
She cast a spell and dipped my hat in a vat
For she thought it would make her fair, you see

Then in the crag of Gimmelejantz
I found the hunchback who had stolen my...
Well, I think you know

Far in the mountains of Gibbilybert
There knelt a crazed drunk who had stolen my shirt
And to make it worse, he then put on a skirt
And then the crazed drunk climbed up in a tree

In the fair field meadow of Gollowtatok
Sprawled a small girl who had stolen my sock
And now it seems that the whole world must mock
My poor grief filled life and misery

Just when I felt I'd lost everything
A leprechaun popped up and stole my gold ring
...Oh.
So NOW I suppose I've lost everything!

This world to me is a mystery.

~Trevor Howell


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free!