"It is not our abilities that determine who we are, it is our choices." ~Albus Dumbledor

February 5, 2011

Abandoned

Alright, by the raise of hands, who here has ever been abandoned by their own parents? That's what I thought.
Well I have

Both of my parents ran away to Florida for the week. Leaving us kids here all by our lonesome selves. Well, not exactly lonesome. Before they left they somehow bribed our grandma into watching us for five whole days! Five! That may be a lot for an average grandma, but not ours. Especially with my little brother. Our little energizer bunny on steroids. Our grandma is something like a hero.

So today is Saturday morning and I'm sitting in the kitchen typing this post and talking to my grandma, who's making crepes at the moment.

Today is also Saturday morning in Florida. What are my parents doing? Good question. They abandoned us, remember? But my best guess is they're sitting on soft, white sand in 80 degree weather in swimming shorts and a T-shirt. Mom would be reading a book, and dad would be... Sleeping. Or reading a book. Or trying to body board.

Me? Personally I can't imagine sitting outside reading or sleeping, let alone swimming. Even 80 degree weather! So I hope my parents are having a holly jolly holiday, because with this frost and 7 degree weather, the only word I have in my mind is JEALOUS.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Trevor,
    Dont even worry about it! This is the exact week my parents abandond me! They are going to be partying it up down in St. George, and do you know where I'll be?...HERE! I will be here in little Lehi doing math quizes and science tests all on my loansome! I get it kid!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free!