"It is not our abilities that determine who we are, it is our choices." ~Albus Dumbledor

October 21, 2012

I Wish

I wish you had been there too, when the sky burst open and the stars fell down. And I wish we could have seen the brilliant scene of the vivid summer sound. Oh I wish that one small hiss of the trees and rooftops made you spin around; I wish you had been there too, when the sky burst open and made me drown.

I wish now that we could have found the space between the lines we were supposed to read. Summer came and went, and I'm to blame. But it's all the same because I'm still not free. I wish seasons changed the reasons I had to keep so I could reach the ground. I wish you had seen the view of the sky erupting, and the stars gone down.

I wish I made up my mind, because I can't rewind time. The days I have all left behind are past now. I'm looking for signs.

I wish to stay, though I'm bound to fade. Come and find me - I'll stand out. I wish we had caught the sea, 'cause the memories make it hard to doubt.

Oh I wish I had made a list of the things you do to flip my frown, and I wish you had been there, too, when the sky burst open. . .



And the stars fell down.





1 comment:

Please feel free!