"It is not our abilities that determine who we are, it is our choices." ~Albus Dumbledor

April 25, 2011

Choir

Singing.

Yep. That's pretty much what you do in a choir. But the American Heritage Youth Choir? Nope. We do much more than just sing! . . . Well actually, no. We don't. But the songs that we do sing are amazing! I love my choir.

Every Monday at 3:10 I leave to get to choir practice on time at 3:30. Sometimes I'm excited to go, sometimes I'm in a "blah" mood and don't care, and yet other times I really really don't want to go. But there's something about this choir that makes me happy. That makes me want to become a better person. What is it? It's most likely the spirit. For you see, this choir is not a normal, sing-whatever-floats-your-fancy choir. This is a choir where we sing songs that invite the spirit. Every single song. Songs like, Consider The Lilies, Love Divine, The Spirit Of God, etc.
And no matter what mood I'm in when I go to choir, I always, always leave with an optimistic attitude on life, no matter what may be happening. It's incredible.

To make things even better, our choir is going on tour this summer to California! Woo! We're performing in about 8 firesides around northern California for 8 days. It's going to be so fun! I honestly can't wait. (One of the reasons being that school will be out by then and I'm more than ready for that)

Anyway, this is Trev.

Over and Out



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free!