"It is not our abilities that determine who we are, it is our choices." ~Albus Dumbledor

April 15, 2011

Inspiration

Isn't it a strange feeling? To go from having everything under control and you're king for a day, to being brought low into humility?

It's a great feeling.

Well, I probably shouldn't say feeling exactly, but it's a great experience. An experience that helps you grow. An experience that everybody needs to have. Because without experiencing the fall, how will you ever know how to rise? I want to share two of my favorite scriptures. One of them is 2 Nephi 2:11, 13 which says,

"For it must needs be that there be an opposition in all things . . . And if ye shall say there is no law, ye shall also say there is no sin. If ye shall say there is no sin, ye shall also say there is no righteousness. And if there be no righteousness there be no happiness. And if there be no righteousness nor happiness there be no punishment nor misery. And if these things are not there is no God. And if there is no God we are not, neither the earth; for there could have been no creation of things, neither to act nor to be acted upon; wherefore, all things must have vanished away."
The other one is 2 Nephi 2:25 which says,
"Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy."
I think 2 Nephi 2 is one of the greatest chapters in the Book of Mormon, along with Moroni 10. But why did I share these? Because lately, I've been humbled. But you have to be brought low before God can shape you the way He wants you to be.

Another thing I would like to share is a song. It's one of my favorite songs.

In Christ Alone

Written by Keith Getty and Stuart Townend




This was an arrangement of the song In Christ Alone that was arranged by Adam Young. This may sound crazy, but I don't care. Adam is my inspiration. I want to live to be like him. He's my "hero" you could say. There are only a few people that I respect more highly than him. You may think that he's just a druggie because he writes songs with strange lyrics, but that's just like judging the book by it's cover. He's not on drugs. He just has a very wide vocabulary and a creative mind. Another reason why I respect him so highly. I don't want people to think that I'm trying to make Adam a superhuman though, because I'm not. Everybody has an inspiration in this world. Parker's is Jimmer. Jason's is probably Chuck Norris or something. Adam is mine.

This is what I know to be true. God gives us challenges. God strengthens us depending on how much we put our faith in Him. The challenges help us grow, and as we grow, we can take on harder and harder challenges until one day, we will be like God. My mom once gave me a quote.

"Where we are, God once was. Where God is, we will soon be."

Now if that's not inspiration, I don't know what is. And I firmly believe that God will help us through anything, but only if we're willing to allow Him to do so.

Till He returns or calls me home, here in the power of Christ I stand



2 comments:

  1. Wow Trevor! That was awesome! Thanks! And yes, Jimmer is definitely Parker's hero! Hmmm... I don't know who my hero is... I'll have to ponder on that...

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free!